Tuesday, March 4, 2008

heartsong

if i could crawl inside your chest, wrap myself up in the blankets of your soul, warm and soft and tranquil, i would rest my heart there forever.

i would lay my head on your heart, listen to the slow, deep steady, thud thud thudding, and find peace in that rhythm, healing in that pulse.

i would sleep there, hypnotized by the rise and fall of your breathing, comforted by the lullaby of your blood rushing past me, around me, over me, like a salve to my open wounds.

and i would close my eyes and dream big, grand, unabashed dreams of happiness and splendor, and soft, quiet dreams of open fields and big blue skies and shade trees in the park, and when the nightmares came i would not be afraid.

i would breath big deep breaths, drowning in the warm river of your soul, becoming one with you.
if i could crawl inside your chest, i would.

2 comments:

Found and Lost Soul: JD said...

this is so beautiful, and somewhat calming... it is tender and beautiful, almost dreamlike...

(i have to put your link on my page!!!!)

luv,
JD

dupree said...

well, that is exactly what i was trying to express. thank you!